Friday, November 6, 2009

Kepenatan, Kemengantukan, Kekecewaan (part 2 and 3)

Then, I was led to the next room. A man who i dun get his name.. even so, i dun want to remember his name after the end of the day.

The standard interview will be I hand the form, then resume and copies of related certificates.. and start with "tell me about urself".
however, when i entered the room and handed him the form. he didnt asked for the resume.. so I just put it on the table, he took it but put it aside not even has a glimpse.
it wasnt like the standard interview

question 1
what u doing rite now? are u working?
thought in mind, "wow, this ps gud, skip the introduction as it's all available in the form and CV".

I responded by telling i just graduated and seeking for first job..

question 2

what are u majored in?
simple answer-- "biotechnology"

Question 3
what is biotechnology? what do u study?

we manipulate genes ... bla bla...bla bla

at this point, it was still ok

he then resumed with a point saying that the company needed sumone in food field.. fair enough but still i try to sell my profile by telling, I m equipped with food and industrial microbiology knowledge and other than that, science still science, research still research even i wasnt majored food industry.

then i comes to evil part....
i think he is rude non-ethical person by using harsh words such as 'b&*&s%^t' and 'to hell'

also, he told me that most workers are non-bumi and malay only worked in canteen and cleaners (low hierarchy)

next, he pointed about respecting people, he said that if i m hired, i will be the only malay, so how m i gonna socialize with them
--in day life, I hardly group people according to their race and belief. only when it comes to spiritual practices, drinks, food and other thing prohibited by Allah, then only I draw lines and borders and start distinguishes people from that aspect.. even so, that is not for them but for me to limit myself from participating in sumthing i shuldnt do.
other than that, i see people as people and we r the same.. i dun know why he brought up this matter if he is not such.

he also claimed that when non-malay offers a food,to show respect, i shud accept it no matter what.. i could feel the tense in the air and on my face.
he gave me no chance to answer back. whenever i opened my mouth he increasea his tones.
in disbelief of what happening, yet not to worsen what's worst (jgn lawan api dengan minyak) so in just right tone and volume i said "or i can refuse politely"
he nodded, proud that i threw a good simple point, I grinned

however, in my opinion, the halal haram has become a chaos few years back in the country, and my non-Muslim frens know very well that Muslim dun eat pork and drink alcohol.. the way of slaughting however, is a mystery to them..
therefore, they also can show respect by not offering anything suspicious to Muslim in the first place..
thank God, I have non-Muslim frens who are understanding and didnt make a big woes out of this issue.

The interview continued with some other controvercial talks and few are related to the job.

I realized that the race sensitivity is spreading throughout the country.
This post is not meant hurt anybody.. it is just my experience with those people.
Hope that Malaysians can use every potential and leave behind the differences.
And for Malays, don't always ask for advantages, but create the opportunities for ourselves..

No comments:

Post a Comment